Thank you for your interest in joining Boston Children's Volunteer Services!
The application process for a Fall 2015 start is closed
Please check back periodically as we will post open assignments as they become available. Visit the Special Assignments page where you will find current opportunities.
Opportunities at Boston Children's Hospital's Main Campus
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Greet and direct families and patients to appropriate destination.
- Escort families and patients to sites throughout the hospital. Bilingual skills are helpful.
- Assist patients and families at time of discharge.
- Answer phones, assemble packets, file, copy & collate and complete data entry in offices.
- Play with children and siblings at bedsides, in waiting areas, in play areas. in the Emergency Department's waiting room.
Volunteer placements include:
- In patient care areas
- In offices and departments
- In Main Lobby or throughout the hospital
- Ambulatory Care Areas
- Emergency Department
Patient Family Housing Programs (21 Autumn Street and Kent Street): The Patient Family Housing Program provides affordable accommodations to families. Volunteers assure that families are comfortable and occupied during their stay.
Pawprints: (Boston Campus / weekdays only). Pawprints is Boston Children's therapy dog visitation program. Boston Children’s Hospital volunteers own the dogs. The goal of Pawprints is to provide hospitalized children and their families with a healthy diversion from the usual hospital routine and an opportunity for social interaction. Learn more about Pawprints. For more information, visit our website.
Do not hesitate to contact the Volunteer Services Department at 617-355-7885 with any questions or concerns.