Financial Navigator | Overview
If you are referring a patient to Boston Children’s Hospital and have questions regarding insurance coverage or preauthorization, please contact our Financial Services team at 617-355-3397.
Insurance authorizations and preapprovals
We work directly with patient families and their insurance providers to request approval and seek financial arrangement for services at Boston Children’s. View a full list of accepted health insurances.
The experts in our Patient Financial Services group help you and your patients navigate the insurance approval process. We offer comprehensive guidance on financial matters including out-of-network coverage, out-of-pocket costs and deductibles, and are available to help answer your patients’ and families’ questions, as well as to directly assist you in providing guidance on a number of financial questions, such as:
- Is my patient’s insurance accepted by Boston Children’s Hospital?
- Is my patient’s coverage in or out of network?
- Will there be any out-of-pocket costs or high deductibles?
- Can you provide an estimated cost of care to my patient family?
- How can you help me with the referral and prior authorization process?
- If my patient needs to see several specialists, can you help me coordinate the pre-approvals and scheduling?
- What do I do if my patient is uninsured?
Financial estimates for patient families
In addition to our commitment to share quality and safety information with patients and families, we are committed to transparency about costs.
In support of that, and in accordance with the Massachusetts Payment Reform Law, Chapter 224, Boston Children’s will provide estimated charges to patients and families for health care services provided by the hospital and its physicians. To assist patients and families in obtaining financial information, we have a dedicated phone line, 617-355-3397, as well as an online form to request an estimate. A member of our Patient Financial Services team will respond within two business days.