Eligibility Requirements | Overview
You may be eligible to donate if you:
- Are 17 years of age or older (16 years old with parental consent).
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Have not had a blood transfusion within the past three months.
- Have not had a transplant in the past three months.
- Are not pregnant or gave birth within the past six weeks.
- Have not required overnight hospitalization for a procedure in the past six months.
- Have not lived in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, Gibraltar, or the Falkland Islands for a total time that adds up to three months or more from 1980-1996.
- Have not lived in France or Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) for a total time period that adds up to five years or more from 1980-2001.
- Have not taken illegal or non-prescription drugs by needle in the past three months.
- Tattoos and piercings are okay, as long as they were performed in a licensed and regulated facility and are fully healed. Anything done by oneself or outside of those facilities are a 3 month deferral.
- Have completed the health questionnaire prior to being accepted for donating.
- Have a valid and acceptable form of photo identification to bring at the time of donation.
- Certain serious past or present medical conditions may affect your ability to donate. Give us a call if you have any questions regarding medical conditions.
- Call 617-355-6677 for further questions on eligibility.