Registration Requirements | Overview
To become an active volunteer at Boston Children's Hospital, we ask that you successfully complete the on-boarding process. Please review the following information to get a sense for what is required to become a volunteer. Keep in mind that registration normally takes 4 to 6 weeks to complete.
On-boarding (Phase 1)
To start your application process, you will be asked to complete the following materials.
- Online Volunteer Application
- Reference Form – To be emailed to volunteer account directly from reference
Interview (in person)
Once you submit your application and we receive your reference, we will reach out to schedule an in-person interview. During your interview, you will complete a CORI form with us. Please bring your license/passport and the last 6 digits of your SSN with you.
On-boarding (Phase 2)
The majority of our on-boarding process needs to be completed online. Please be on the lookout for individual emails pertaining to each of the following requirements.
- Occupational Health Appointment
- New Hire Online Packet (Equifax)
- NetLearning Online Orientation Curriculum
- Sterling Talent Solutions Online Form - National Background Check
We hold a training session approximately every other month. When you apply, you will receive information on your Training Session options. Each session is held at our main campus, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, Ma. Make sure that you have submitted all materials by this date.
- Receive Badge, confirm Assignment, determine Start Date
- Free parking will be available for the training. For those who will be driving, please park at the Children’s Garage directly across the street from the hospital (2 Blackfan Circle). You will receive a one-time parking voucher at one of our Training Stations.
- To access your active schedule and view total service hours, please log into VicNet periodically.
- To maintain MYR "My Yearly Review" requirements and also explore new learning content, you can log into NetLearning at any time.
- Your username is your six-digit Boston Children's ID number (not your volunteer sign-in PIN).