Donate Blood | Overview
Donating blood is the easiest way to save a child’s life
Help Quinn and kids just like him by taking just an hour out of your day to donate blood at Boston Children's Hospital.
Donate blood or platelets at our Blood Donor Center at 333 Longwood Avenue.
Our current hours of operation are:
- Sunday: 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Appointments preferred but walk-ins are welcome (subject to staffing and availability).
To schedule an appointment for a blood or platelet donation, call 617-355-6677. The Blood Donor Center also takes walk-in blood donations during hours of operation.
The Children's Blood Donor Center is an independent collection facility serving the needs of the pediatric patients in the Longwood Medical Area. Established in 1958 primarily to provide fresh blood for the new field of open heart surgery, we now supply virtually all of the blood and blood products used at Children's. If you are eligible, please help us meet the needs of our young patients by donating at:
333 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Remember to bring a photo ID with you when you come to donate. Thank you for your continued support!
Make your donation appointment online
Go to www.halfpints.childrenshospital.org. There you can:
- make an appointment to donate whole blood, double red cells, or platelets
- search for a bloodmobile in your area
- view recent health history information, blood pressure, pulse, and iron level
- keep track of your lifetime donations
To schedule an appointment to donate, please click here to go to our self scheduling website.
Generously supported by the Ford Motor Company Fund & New England Ford Dealers.