Comprehensive care for complex pregnancies and fetal anomalies
Boston Children’s Maternal Fetal Care Center, in affiliation with Brigham and Women’s Hospital, provides the most advanced diagnostics and surgical and medical treatments and counseling for pregnant persons with confirmed or suspected congenital anomalies of the fetus. In addition to our colleagues at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we work closely with maternal-fetal specialists at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Tufts Medical Center.
Why choose the Maternal Fetal Care Center
We are proud to be housed within the #1 pediatric hospital in the country with access to leading experts in a variety of specialties.
Our Fetal Cardiology Program is dedicated to in utero care that works to reduce potentially fatal outcomes for infants with congenital heart disease. We performed the earliest successful fetal cardiac intervention in 2001, paving the way for a robust program.
At an ultrasound 20 weeks into a healthy pregnancy, Marla and Jeremiah’s learned that their baby appeared to have a large abdominal mass. Now almost 2 years old, Micah is thriving.
Our extensive experience in fetal care has shown that the earlier an anomaly can be correctly diagnosed, the greater the chances of survival and a higher quality of life.
Our multidisciplinary approach ensures you’ll receive a comprehensive care plan built on constant communication with you and your primary obstetric team, and collaboration among our experts in areas such as:
- General Surgery
- Genetics and Genomics
- Patient Services
- Plastic and Oral Surgery
We also work closely with a number of other centers and programs throughout Boston Children’s Hospital, including:
- Bladder Exstrophy Program
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- Care for Children with Medical Complexity
- Center for Airway Disorders
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Cleft Lip and Palate Program
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Program
- Down Syndrome Program
- Esophageal and Airway Treatment Center
- Fetal Cardiology Program
- Fetal-Neonatal Neurology Program
- Gender Multispecialty Service (GeMS)
- Hand and Orthopedic Upper Extremity Program
- Hydrocephalus Program
- Lactation Support Program
- Lower Extremities Program
- Medical-Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Orthopedic Center
- Pediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT)
- Spina Bifida and Spinal Cord Conditions Center
- Tethered Spinal Cord Program
- Tuberous Sclerosis Program
- Vascular Anomalies Center
No matter which specialist or program you see, an MFCC staff member will be with you every step of the way. Our clinical coordinator is happy to attend appointments with you and coordinate your care.