Your health, climate change, and climate advocacy
Click the blue links to access educational and community resources for further information. Providers and patients: Click here to print a ClimateRX prescription with the information on this webpage with QR code access to live links.
Did you know?
Climate change can be overwhelming, but you can be part of the solution. We can adapt, prepare, and make progress in limiting the effects of climate change through our individual actions and community engagement.
- Vote and advocate: Engage with community organizations in the fight against climate change.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle (in that order!)
- Avoid single-use products and consider donating products that you have outgrown or no longer use.
- Turn off appliances and lights when not in use.
- Reduce food waste and limit meat consumption by incorporating more plant-based foods in your diet and composting food scraps.
- Be mindful of your transportation: Walking and biking reduce your carbon footprint and are good for your health; win-win! Use public transportation when you can.
- Decrease your personal energy use and consider using renewable energy sources to power your home/vehicles if possible.
Explore the Climate Ready Map to see how climate change impacts your neighborhood.
Start a climate group using the Toolkit for Youth Leaders to encourage climate action.
Plan your trip with public transport.
Connect with climate creators on social media platforms.
Register to vote: https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote.