How to Apply | Overview
The Division of Critical Care Medicine at Boston Children's Hospital participates in the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS) Program as well as the NRMP Match Program. Our fellowship is designed to educate physicians interested in pursuing an academic career in pediatric critical care medicine.
We welcome applications for fellowship training from all interested individuals who meet the application requirements. Fellows currently in the program have come from a variety of training programs throughout the country. Common to staff and fellows is an interest and curiosity in the many facets of caring for a critically ill child, and a dedication to advancing the field through an academic career.
Please apply online through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The application system opens on July 1, 2017. Please click here to visit the ERAS Website for more information!
We require that you submit your CV, personal statement, 3 letters of recommendation (1 must be from your Residency Program Director), Official Medical School Transcript, and USMLE Transcript. All documents should be transmitted through the ERAS system. Please do not send them directly to Boston Children's Hospital.
We recommend that you apply by August 30, 2017. We will be interviewing applicants in September through November 2017.
FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADUATES
Special Application Requirements
- ECFMG Certificate must be submitted during the ERAS application process.
- You must pass USMLE Steps 1 and 2 (both Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills). USMLE Step 3 is optional.
- Typically fellows are accepted on a J-1 visa.
- Fellows currently in the country on an H-1B visa may be able to have their visa renewed through the hospital.
- USMLE Step 3 and MA license are not required for J-1 to be approved by ECFMG, however, the MA license is required to begin employment in our Division.
- Foreign Medical Graduates (including Canadians) are required to have passed all 3 steps of the USMLE and have received the Massachusetts Medical License in order to apply for the H-1B visa.
Useful Links for Foreign Medical School Graduates