Foreign Medical School Graduates | Overview
Special Application Requirements
- ECFMG Certificate must be submitted during the ERAS application process.
- You must pass USMLE Steps 1 and 2 (both Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills). USMLE Step 3 is optional.
- Typically fellows are accepted on a J-1 visa.
- Fellows currently in the country on an H-1B visa may be able to have their visa renewed through the hospital.
- USMLE Step 3 and MA license are not required for J-1 to be approved by ECFMG, however, the MA license is required to begin employment in our Division.
- Foreign Medical Graduates (including Canadians) are required to have passed all 3 steps of the USMLE and have received the Massachusetts Medical License in order to apply for the H-1B visa.
Useful Links for Foreign Medical School Graduates