About our services
Whether you are coming to Boston Children’s Hospital for an outpatient appointment, evaluation, a surgical procedure, or an emergency visit, there are steps you can take to create a more positive experience for your child.
Who we see
- patients who reside within New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont)
- We primarily serve patients who are 26 months to 17 years old at the time of the scheduled evaluation appointment, but will sometimes see younger or older patients based upon clinical need.
We do not evaluate patients in crisis. For immediate safety concerns, call 911 or your local emergency services provider team, or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.
Many insurance companies require a referral or prior authorization for coverage of services. Read more about accepted health insurances at Boston Children’s Hospital and participation in these plans.
Requesting an evaluation
To request an evaluation and New Patient Intake Packet, please visit the request an appointment page or call us at 617-355-7493.
A completed copy of our new patient intake packet is required in order to be added to our waiting list. The packets are also available below in PDF format. We also request copies of supporting documentation including:
- any recent testing, including cognitive/psychological testing, and speech, occupational therapy, or physical therapy evaluations
- records of any early intervention services or IEP/504 plans
- past medical and diagnostic assessments
The intake packet and supporting documentation provides us with information about your child that will help make your visit more efficient and the evaluation more comprehensive.
Please return completed paperwork via mail, email, or fax
Autism Spectrum Center
Attn: Intake Coordinators
300 Longwood Ave., BCH3433
Boston, MA 02115
- infant: age 27 months or younger
- toddler/preschool: age 28 months to younger than 5 years old
- school age: age 5 years and older