We have PGY Level 2 and PGY Level 3 rotating Otolaryngology residents from the following institutions:
- Boston University (BMC): two residents every four months (total of 12 months/year)
- Harvard University (MEE): one resident every three months (total of 12 months/year)
- Harvard University (BIDMC): one resident every three months (total of 12 months/year)
- Tufts University (TMC): one resident every three months (total of 6 months/year)
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI): one resident for six months out of the year
The goal of the residents’ rotation is to learn about the management of simple and complex pediatric otolaryngology patients. The fellows’ responsibility with regard to these residents is to train and guide them through their participation in inpatient care, consultation care, and OR cases.
Residents are an integral part of the team. They round with the team (attending, fellow, resident, physician assistant) in the morning and in the afternoon. During the day, they attend the OR and/or clinic. Residents participate in all educational lectures and conferences on a weekly basis. The residents are guided and supervised by the fellows and attending of the week at all times. They are encouraged to ask questions and consistently utilize the fellows’ leadership as a significant resource for educational growth and support.