Volunteers | Overview
Looking to volunteer for the Adventure Challenge Program? You can get involved by becoming a “coach” for 1-on-1 exercise with a child or by helping out with the bi-weekly yoga class.
Requirements for volunteers
- Adults age 18 or over
- Students at local colleges and graduate schools (often planning careers in medicine, PT, or other health services) OR Children's Hospital employees who are interested in mentoring
- Volunteers are screened (background check, immunizations, application, and interview)
- Training includes Adventure Challenge training seminar as well as First Aid and CPR certification.
Steps to volunteer
- Complete application form including references
- Brief interview
- Reference and background check
- Occupational health screening
- Adventure Challenge Training Seminar (3 hours)
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Get Boston Children's Hospital Associate Personnel ID Badge
- Match meeting with child and family
- Begin Adventure Challenge!
To start the process, Contact Program Coordinator, Nandini Mallick, at Adventure.Challenge@Childrens.Harvard.edu.