Researcher | Research Overview
Michael's research is all centered around refining and creating new imaging techniques, and implementing image analysis strategies.
Researcher | Research Background
Michael completed his graduate work in Yana Reshetnyak and Oleg Andreev's lab at the University of Rhode Island. While there he helped develop a new imaging based technique to measure the pH within nanometers of a cell membrane. He conducted photodynamic therapy research in Jon Celli's lab at UMass Boston and cell migration and imaging technique research in Jay Thiagarajah's lab at BCH.
- Anderson, M., Moshnikova, A., Engelman, D. M., Reshetnyak, Y. K., & Andreev, O. A. (2016). Probe for the measurement of cell surface pH in vivo and ex vivo. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 113(29), 8177-8181.
- Viola-Villegas, N. T., Carlin, S. D., Ackerstaff, E., Sevak, K. K., Divilov, V., Serganova, I., ... & Engelman, D. M. (2014). Understanding the pharmacological properties of a metabolic PET tracer in prostate cancer. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 111(20), 7254-7259.
- Barrera, F. N., Weerakkody, D., Anderson, M., Andreev, O. A., Reshetnyak, Y. K., & Engelman, D. M. (2011). Roles of carboxyl groups in the transmembrane insertion of peptides. Journal of molecular biology, 413(2), 359-371.
- Narayanan, T., Weerakkody, D., Karabadzhak, A. G., Anderson, M., Andreev, O. A., & Reshetnyak, Y. K. (2016). pHLIP peptide interaction with a membrane monitored by SAXS. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 120(44), 11484-11491.
- Celli, J. P., Anderson, M. D., & Kumar, S. (2017). Cancer Biophysics.
- Anderson, M., El-Hamidi, H., & Celli, J. (2018, March). Cellular pH and PI3K signaling as determinants of Protoporphyrin IX conversion and ALA PDT response. In Optical Methods for Tumor Treatment and Detection: Mechanisms and Techniques in Photodynamic Therapy XXVII (Vol. 10476, p. 104760R). International Society for Optics and Photonics.