The Nutrition Center at Boston Children’s Hospital is dedicated to providing infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with comprehensive nutrition assessments, a vital part of a fully customized care plan for many conditions. We design balanced diets to help patients manage their condition, grow and develop, and, ultimately, improve their quality of life. Part of one of the best children's hospitals in the country, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report, our team of dietitians is considered among the best in the country. But what matters most is how our highly personalized care can help make your child feel better and get back to being a kid again.
Malnutrition Awareness Week™: Sept. 18-22, 2023
Boston Children’s Hospital is an official ambassador of ASPEN Malnutrition Awareness Week™. Malnutrition Awareness Week™ is a mark of the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN). Used with permission from ASPEN.
Dedicated to innovation in pediatric care
We offer a robust clinical program. Each of our dietitians — we have over 50 — is highly specialized. So whether your child has been diagnosed with a common condition or a rare disease, we have the expertise to help.
- We have set national standards of nutritional care in several areas, including intestinal failure, stem cell transplantation, critical care, inborn errors of metabolism, home parenteral nutrition, and others.
- We perform advanced assessment procedures in our state-of-the-art Nutrition Assessment Laboratory.
- Our consultative services include a comprehensive nutrition assessment and the development of a care plan appropriate for age, optimal growth, and development, and quality of life for each child and family.
Our dietitians and clinicians are also actively involved in research, collaborating with doctors around the world to learn more about even the most rare conditions.
Finding answers for our patients and their families is why we do what we do. Our incredible team of registered dietitians is dedicated to helping children with common or complex gastrointestinal, liver, and nutritional problems. We can help children with inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders, and short bowel syndrome, to name a few. In addition, we offer several specialized programs, including:
- Home Parenteral Nutrition Program: designed for children who require intraveneous (IV) or parenteral nutrition (PN) and hydration support at home
- Growth & Nutrition Program: designed specifically to help children under the age of 6 who are struggling with feeding or weight gain
- CAIR Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation: focused on the treatment and understanding of short bowel syndrome
All of this means your child will have access to the most up-to-date and innovative treatments. In other words, whatever is wrong, whatever questions you have, whatever you need to get your child back to being a kid again, you’ll find help and answers here at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Close to home
You can find the help and answers you need close to home. We have five locations in Massachusetts, each providing the same level of care, by the same staff as our Boston location. At any of these locations, you’ll always know your child is getting the best care in the country.
Contact us to make an appointment
To make an appointment with one of our dietitians for your personalized assessment, please call 617-355-4677.