Many spiritual paths
What is keeping you going in a time like this?
Where are you finding your strength?
Your hope? Your peacefulness?
Chaplains honor every journey of faith and are here to assist you in meeting your unique spiritual needs. Rather than promote any specific beliefs, we listen respectfully to nurture your spirit during this time of physical healing.
What We Do
- conversation and prayers before surgery
- bedside visits during a hospital stay
- support for families during surgery
- confidential listening
- worship leadership within the hospital
- consultation religious or ethical questions
- rituals and sacraments when requested
- care for your spirit during your physical healing
- help you observe your own faith practices in this setting
- pray for hope, healing, comfort and peace
We Are Available
Chaplains are in the Hospital from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. everyday. During evening hours, chaplains may be paged for emergencies.
Call the page operator at 617-355-6363. Ask for a chaplain to be paged. A nurse can also page for you.
Chaplains at Boston Children's Hospital
|Rev. Ann Haywood-Baxter, MDiv, BCC
|United Methodist Church
Rev. Michele Torres, MA, MDiv, LMHC, BCC
|Episcopal (Spanish speaking)
|Shannon Fanning, MDiv, BCC
|Rabbi Susan Harris, MHL, BCC
|Melissa Vela, MDiv, BCC
|Rev. Mary Robinson, Director, MA, MDiv, BCC
A directory of local churches, synagogues and mosques with phone numbers and websites is available in the chapel or online at the Pluralism Project, Harvard University.
Scheduled Worship Times
Check announcements of the chapel door for details and times of weekday services, including Vipassana “Insight “ meditation, and weekday Roman Catholic Communion services.
- Vipassana “Insight “ Meditation, Wednesdays @ 8AM in the Chapel
- Meditation cushions available for your use at all times
- Boston prayer schedule
- Multi-faith chapel (with prayer rugs and Qibla) open at all times for daily prayer
- Please speak with the Muslim chaplain for directions to the closest Friday prayer
- Special events for Ramadan and other holy days
- Services scheduled for special holidays
- Monday at 11:45 am in the chapel
- Wednesday at 11:45 am in the chapel
- Friday at 11:45 am in the chapel
For more information on our pastoral care services and interfaith chapel hours, please contact us:
Rev. Mary Robinson, M.A., M.Div.
Director, Department to Chaplaincy
Boston Children's Hospital
Department to Chaplaincy
Farley Building, First Floor, #104
300 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115