Safwat Aly | Education
2014, Washington, DC
2016, Washington, DC
2020, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2021, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Safwat Aly | Certifications
- American Board of Pediatrics (Cardiology)
- American Board of Pediatrics (General)
Safwat Aly | Professional History
Dr. Safwat Aly is currently a Staff Cardiologist in the Division of Cardiac Imaging and an Instructor in the Department of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. He received his medical degree and a Master of Science in Pediatrics from Cairo University. He received a Master of Science in Clinical Research from Rush University. He completed his Pediatric Residency at Cairo University Children’s Hospital and another after moving to the United States at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington DC. He then did a Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship and an additional senior fellowship year in Pediatric Echocardiography, both at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. He has a number of research interests including studying cardiovascular and cerebral physiology interactions in congenital heart disease, and ventricular mechanics in single ventricle patients.
- Prenatal Diagnosis of Vascular Ring: Evaluation of Fetal Diagnosis and Postnatal Outcomes. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2022 Mar;35(3):312-321.
- Amino Acid and Phospholipid Metabolism as an Indicator of Inflammation and Subtle Cardiomyopathy in Patients with Marfan Syndrome. Metabolites. 2021 Nov 27;11(12):805.
- A novel approach to cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging in young children without sedation. Eur J Radiol. 2021Nov;144:110005.
- The Many Faces of Neonatal Ductus Arteriosus Aneurysms: Multimodality Imaging with an Emphasis on CT and MRI Appearance. Radiol Cardiothorac Imaging. 2021 Jun 17;3(3) :e210017.
- Neonatal Myocardial Infarction in Association with Gestational Diabetes. Can J Cardiol. 2021 Dec;37(12):2083-2086.
- Myocardial Fibrosis in Pediatric Patients with Ebstein's Anomaly. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2021 Mar;14(3):e011136.
- Changes in cerebral tissue oxygenation and fractional oxygen extraction with gestational age and postnatal maturation in preterm infants. J Perinatol. 2021Apr;41(4):836-842.
- Antenatal occlusion of a ductal arteriosus aneurysm: a potential postnatal surgical emergency. Case report and literature review. Cardiol Young. 2020 Nov;30(11):1750-1752.
- Negative Impact of Obesity on Ventricular Size and Function and Exercise Performance in Children and Adolescents with Repaired Tetralogy of Fallot. Can J Cardiol. 2020 Sep;36(9): 1482-1490
- Complicated ventricular arrhythmia and hematologic myeloproliferative disorder in RIT1-associated Noonan syndrome: Expanding the phenotype and review of the literature. Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2020 Jul;8(7):e1253.
- Anomalous Origin of Left Coronary Artery from Right Pulmonary Artery in Association with Scimitar Syndrome. JACC Case Rep. 2020 Feb 19;2(2):319-323.
- Factors affecting cerebrovascular reactivity to CO2 in premature infants. J Perinat Med. 2019 Nov26;47(9):979-985.
- Effect of packed red blood cell transfusion on IL-8 and sICAM-1 in premature neonates at different postnatal ages. Pediatr Neonatol. 2019 Oct;60(5):537-542.
- Fetal and Postnatal Echocardiographic Diagnosis of Ebstein Anomaly of the Mitral Valve. Pediatr Cardiol. 2018 Aug;39(6):1276-1279. 29756160.
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome with Congenital Complete Heart Block. Pediatr Cardiol. 2017 Aug;38(6):1305-1308.
- Chronic Low Dose Prostaglandin and Neonatal Heart Block. Pediatr Cardiol. 2017 Oct;38(7):1515-1518.
- Cerebral tissue oxygenation index and lactate at 24 hours postoperative predict survival and neurodevelopmental outcome after neonatal cardiac surgery. Congenit Heart Dis. 2017 Mar;12(2):188-195.
- Transcutaneous Carbon Dioxide Monitoring with Reduced-Temperature Probes in Very Low Birth Weight Infants. Am J Perinatol. 2017 Apr;34(5):480-485.
- Brain Maturity and Variation of Oxygen Extraction in Premature Infants. Am J Perinatol. 2016Jul;33(8):814-20.
- EEG maturation and stability of cerebral oxygen extraction in very low birth weight infants. J Perinatol. 2016 Apr;36(4):311-6.