Researcher | Research Overview
Maorong received his PhD from the Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2010 and studied the trafficking and gating mechanism of large conductance and calcium-activated potassium (BK) channels. He joined the lab in September 2010 and is using a cDNA library overexpression screen to look for new modulators and inhibitors of the Wnt pathway.
- Gan G, Yi H, Chen M, Sun L, Li W, Wu Y, Ding J. Structural basis for toxin resistance of beta4-associated calcium-activated potassium (BK) channels. J Biol Chem. 2008 Aug 29;283(35):24177-84.
- Chen M, Gan G, Wu Y, Wang L, Wu Y, Ding J. Lysine-rich extracellular rings formed by hbeta2 subunits confer the outward rectification of BK channels. PLoS One. 2008 May 7;3(5):e2114.
- Lv C, Chen M* Gan G, Wang L, Xu T, Ding J. Four-turn alpha-helical segment prevents surface expression of the auxiliary hbeta2 subunit of BK-type channel. J Biol Chem. 2008 Feb 1;283(5):2709-15.
- Hu ZT, Chen MR* Ping Z, Dong YM, Zhang RY, Xu T, Wu ZX. Synaptotagmin IV regulates dense core vesicle (DCV) release in LbetaT2 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008 Jul 11;371(4):781-6.
- Mao-Rong Chen, Song Yang, Wei-Ping Niu, Zhao-Yu Li, Ling-Feng Meng, Zheng-Xing Wu. A novel fluorescent timer based on bicistronic expression strategy in Caenorhabditis elegans. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010 Apr 23;395(1):82-6. Epub 2010 Mar 27
- Lin XG, Ming M, Chen MR*, Niu WP, Zhang YD, Liu B, Jiu YM, Yu JW, Xu T, Wu ZX. UNC-31/CAPS docks and primes dense core vesicles in C. elegans neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010 Jul 2;397(3):526-31. Epub 2010 May 31.