Departments & Divisions | Overview
Our departments and divisions treat a wide range of conditions from the common to the most complex. To make it as easy as possible to find the department you're looking for, we have placed the most popular departments below and organized the rest for you alphabetically. Use the tabs above to search through the list.
Featured Brain Center departments and divisions
- Department of Neurology: Ranked among the country's top pediatric neurology programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Department of Neurosurgery: Ranked among the country's top pediatric neurosurgery programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Department of Psychiatry: Treats diseases and disorders that affect the mental, emotional and social health of children.
- Division of Developmental Disorders: Provides multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment services for children from birth through adolescence.
Brain Center departments and divisions
- Department of Anesthesia: Works to develop better, more reliable practices for protecting heart, lung, and brain function and blood circulation during anesthesia.
- Division of Endocrinology: Provides comprehensive care to children with acute and chronic disorders of the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal glands, gonads, and endocrine pancreas.
- Division of Genetics: Offers state-of-the-art diagnostic and clinical management for children, adolescents, and adults with genetic conditions, including inborn errors of metabolism.
- Division of Newborn Medicine: Cares for extremely premature infants as early as 23 weeks gestation and full-term infants with a variety of medical and surgical illnesses.
- Department of Neuroradiology: Provide the highest-quality clinical imaging, a service that occupies a central role in the diagnosis and management of patients with congenital, acquired, and developmental conditions that involve the central nervous system (brain and spine) and head and neck. Based on the clinical expertise of our neuroradiologists, neuroimaging can be used to detect, diagnose, and monitor a wide range of conditions, including identifying possible causes of epileptic seizures, measuring a tumor’s response to treatment, and assessing aneurysms.
- Department of Ophthalmology: Specialize in treating cataracts in babies and children, traumatic eye injuries, juvenile glaucoma, and a variety of other conditions.
- Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Enhancement: Provide expert diagnosis and surgical treatment for disorders of the head and neck, including ears, nose, sinus, throat, and vocal cords, and air and food passages.
- Sports Medicine Division: Provides comprehensive assessment, treatment and follow-up care to children, adolescents, and young adults with sports-related orthopedic injuries. A highly skilled team of orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine physicians work with physical therapy staff to develop long-term treatment and activity plans.