Access Initiatives | Overview
We’re doing everything we can to make it easier for you and your patients to access the specialists and services at Boston Children’s Hospital. Here are some new initiatives we’ve put in place:
- added nearly 350 new neurology visits per month
- established a dedicated line for same-day neurology consults
- opened same-day EEG testing at our locations in Peabody and Weymouth
Increased staffing has opened 150 more slots per month for general non-specialty cases, and 50 more slots per week for urgent/semi-urgent cases.
Your patients will get neurology appointments:
- within two days for urgent cases
- within 15 days for semi-urgent cases
- with epilepsy specialists within five weeks.
We’ve expanded EEG services, with immediate appointments available at 617-355-7970.
Call our dedicated advice line* at 617-355-8348, where a specialist is available for consults—the same day you call.
*Our consult line is staffed by a Boston Children’s Neurology Attending who responds to requests for consultation within the hospital, and to requests from referring providers. The consult line assignment rotates on a weekly basis. In most cases, the Attending is able to respond to requests within 30 minutes. Please note that guidance to referring providers is based on information provided and serves only to inform the referring providers clinical decision making.