Global leaders in all medical areas relating to a child's developing brain
Our experts are specifically trained in caring for children and in diagnosing and treating all types of pediatric conditions affecting the brain. The Brain Center team is made up of more than 100 doctors, including some of the world’s top pediatric neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, neuropsychologists, psychologists, and developmental behavioral pediatricians.
Neurosurgeon-in-Chief; Director, Brain Injury Center
Professor, Harvard Medical School
Psychiatrist-in-Chief; Chairman, The Leon Eisenberg Chair in Psychiatry; Director, Office of Clinician Support
George P. Gardner & Olga E. Monks Professor of Child Psychiatry & Professor of Pediatrics; Harvard Medical School
Brain Center physicians
For a comprehensive look at physicians within the Brain Center, view each team on its respective program page. If you're looking for a specific physician, you can use our Find a Doctor feature.
Physician pages for select departments and divisions:
- Neurology Department
- Psychiatry Department
- Neurosurgery Department
- Division of Developmental Medicine
Access to Children’s network of pediatric experts
Boston Children's Hospital is ranked #1 in more specialties than any other pediatric hospital in the United States, which means our physicians have access to the world's best network of care for your child.
- Boston Children’s has established the first Pediatric Neurocritical Care Program in the United States, dedicated to protecting and treating the brains of critically ill children.
- Our experts in ophthalmology, genetics, and neurology have identified the genes responsible for congenital strabismus, and offer one of the leading programs in the country to treat this condition.
- Children’s psychiatrists have a 50-year history of tending to the mental health of children, adolescents, and their families by caring for patients and advocating on their behalf.
- The developmental behavioral pediatricians and psychologists at Boston Children’s are regarded as national leaders for their expertise in, and research on, the most common conditions affecting a child’s brain.
- All of our doctors are also members of the Harvard Medical School faculty.
Brain Center nurses and staff by department
Neurosciences nurses with special training in caring for young patients with brain conditions oversee our inpatient care areas, as well as work in our outpatient clinics.
- Nurses and staff members run special services within our treatment programs, such as the Ketogenic Diet Service, which teaches children and families to control epileptic seizures by following a special diet.
- Child Life specialists, social workers, and many other staff members provide additional care, so all of your child and family’s physical, emotional, and mental needs are met.
Your care team
The Boston Children's Hospital Brain Center team includes the following pediatric specialists:
- fetal-neonatal neurologists
- behavioral neurologists
- psychiatrists and psychologists
- cardiac surgeons
- dentists and orthodontists
- oral and maxillofacial surgeons
- oncologists, neuro-oncologists, radiation oncologists, and surgical oncologists
- orthopedists and orthopedic surgeons
- plastic surgeons
- otolaryngologists and audiologists
- urologists and urologic surgeons
- developmental and behavioral pediatricians
- geneticists and genetic counselors
- neuroscience nurses
- physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists
- psychiatric nurse specialists
- social workers and Child Life specialists
- transplant physicians and surgeons