COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
We as a practice strongly encourage our patients to be vaccinated as soon as they are eligible.
Information about availability of the new vaccine will be forthcoming when available. Please call the office at 617-969-8989 for the most up to date availability of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The COVID-19 vaccine is approved for all children 6 months old and older
- It is recommended that all individuals 6 years and older should get 1 updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, regardless of whether they’ve received any original COVID-19 vaccines. For all vaccine and booster updates, please visit this page.
- Children aged 6 months–5 years may need multiple doses of COVID-19 vaccine to be up to date, including at least 1 dose of updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, depending on the number of doses they’ve previously received and their age.
When are you up to date?
Everyone aged 6 years and older
- You are up to date when you get 1 updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
Children aged 6 months—5 years who got the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- You are up to date if you are:
- Aged 6 Months—4 years and you get 3 COVID-19 vaccine doses, including at least 1 updated COVID-19 dose.
- Aged 5 years and you get at least 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine dose.
Children aged 6 months—5 years who got the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine:
- You are up to date when you get 2 Moderna COVID-19 vaccine doses, including at least 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine dose.
People who are unable or choose not to get a recommended mRNA vaccine:
- You are up to date when you get the Novavax COVID-19 vaccine doses approved for your age group.
People who got the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine:
- You are up to date when you get 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have received the vaccine and have not yet contacted our office with records, please email email@example.com with the date(s) of your vaccine and a photo of your vaccination card.
Where Else Can We Get Vaccinated?
- Check the state website for available locations near you: https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
- Boston Children's Hospital has great resources for more information on the vaccine. They are also offering appointments through their hotline 617-919-7102.
- Vaxabilities.com for vaccination events in MA for children with special needs
- Local city and towns are running community clinics, please check with your local department of health
Other Important Information
- Please note that children under 18 years of age need written consent to receive the vaccine if they are not accompanied by a parent. A link to the form is here (https://www.mass.gov/lists/ma-consent-and-screening-forms-for-people-under-18-years-of-age)
- COVID-19 vaccines and other vaccinations may be administered without regard to timing to each other. This includes simultaneous administration on the same day as well as within 14 days of other vaccine series.