COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
We as a practice strongly encourage our patients to be vaccinated as soon as they are eligible (including with booster doses).
Please check MyChart for continued updates on COVID-19 vaccine clinic dates at Pediatrics at Newton Wellesley. Scheduling will be done on MyChart ONLY. Please do not call the office to schedule
- It is recommended that all individuals 5 years and older get the omicron BA.5 subvariant-specific booster. For all vaccine and booster updates, please visit this page. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html#recommendations
- The COVID-19 vaccine is approved for all children 6 months old and older
- Patients 6 months through 5 years old are eligible for a 3 dose Pfizer vaccine series or a 2 dose Moderna vaccine series.
- Patients 5+ years old are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine. All patients 18+ are eligible for the Moderna and J&J vaccines
- If you have received the vaccine and have not yet contacted our office with records, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date(s) of your vaccine and a photo of your vaccination card
- Booster doses are recommended for children 5 years old and older. We strongly encourage all children to be vaccinated and boosted. More information can be found here.
Where Else Can We Get Vaccinated?
- Check the state website for available locations near you: https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
- Boston Children's Hospital has great resources here for more information on the vaccine. They are also offering appointments through their hotline 617-919-7102.
- Tufts Medical Center is offering walk in appointments https://www.tuftsmcvaccine.org
- Vaxabilities.com for vaccination events in MA for children with special needs
- Local city and towns are running community clinics, please check with your local department of health
Other Important Information
- Please note that children under 18 years of age need written consent to receive the vaccine if they are not accompanied by a parent. A link to the form is here (https://www.mass.gov/lists/ma-consent-and-screening-forms-for-people-under-18-years-of-age)
- COVID-19 vaccines and other vaccinations may be administered without regard to timing to each other. This includes simultaneous administration on the same day as well as within 14 days of other vaccine series.