Welcome to Lexington Pediatrics!
For over 40 years, our practice has been serving the medical needs of newborns to college-age children and their families who live in the greater Lexington community.
Baby Formula Shortage
We know these shortages are stressful and we're really hoping they resolve soon. Here are some suggestions for parents:
Look for the formula you’ve been using in untraditional places
- Utilize the store website's location finder.
- Use local Facebook groups or other social media platforms to find people giving away unused cans, organizing collections or spotting stocked shelves.
- Some stores, including grocery stores, are keeping formula cans behind the counter. If the shelves are bare, go to the customer service desk to inquire before moving on to your next destination.
- Try different retailers. CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, Stop & Shop etc. all carry formula
If you can’t find the formula you’ve been using
- Try ready-to-feed liquid in place of powder
- Use store brand generic formula (for example: Target Up&Up Infant Formula w/ Iron) The labels on these generic brands will often say “Compare to ingredients of Enfamil” etc. Alternatively, you can check the ingredient list yourself to compare. Look in particular at the first few items listed as well as the whey/casein protein makeup
- Switch to an alternate name brand. Brands like Earth’s Best, Gerber GoodStart, and HappyBaby tend to be more widely available on shelves. These brands also have gentle or sensitive formulations if your baby currently uses Similac Sensitive or Enfamil Gentlease
- If your baby is 11 months old, talk to your pediatrician about transitioning to cow’s milk
Like most times of stress in parenthood, this is a passing phase. Do the best you can. At the end of the day, keeping your baby fed is the priority and making changes or adjustments is okay! Most babies will tolerate formula changes well. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out for any questions, tips or concerns.
For more information regarding what to do during the formula shortage, please click here.
Monthly Info Sessions
For all parents new to our practice!
Our office is now offering virtual visits.
New Mom's Group
A virtual group for new moms hosted by our nurse practitioner, Amy Lazaro.
I cannot say enough nice things about Lexington Pediatrics. My son has been a patient here since he was just a few days old, and the staff has always been nothing short of amazing. They have weekend sick visits, which is great and has saved us a few trips to urgent care.