Flu clinic information
Lexington Pediatrics is able to offer the seasonal flu vaccine to patients 6 months and older.
- Our Flu Clinics are by appointment only, we will not be able to accommodate any walk-in patients.
- Please be aware there is no flu mist again this year.
- All of our flu vaccine is preservative-free.
- Any patient under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
To schedule an appointment or further information, please call our office. You may also book online, if you have a MyChart account.
When can I get a flu shot?
We had hoped that we would be getting lots of flu vaccine this year, but unfortunately we have only received small batches, forcing us to change our flu clinic strategy. Our plans for offering the flu vaccine in the office this year are obviously different to allow for social distancing, but we plan to do all we can to ensure that we vaccinate as many of you as possible!
So, how can you get the flu vaccine this year?
If you have a check-up scheduled in September or October, please plan to get your vaccine at that visit. Because of social-distancing limitations in our office, we will not be able to accommodate another time for this as we need to have that time available for patients who do not have well visits this time of year. If your child has a well visit scheduled in September or October, we can accommodate one sibling for a flu vaccine at this same time. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate more than one sibling at well visits due to the size of our rooms and waiting area.
We plan to have as many appointments available during the day as possible. As we get more supply, we will open these times. Please send a Patient Schedule Request through MyChart or call the office to schedule an appointment.
We will likely have evening clinics available as well, although the volume of these will be smaller than usual to allow for the appropriate precautions. We do not yet have any dates scheduled for evening clinics as we are waiting on additional supply, but these will also be by appointment only.
Some other notes
- Please complete the COVID screening questions prior to your appointment or we will not be able to check you in. If you do not have MyChart we will call you prior to your appointment.
- If your child is anxious about vaccines, we recommend that you schedule a daytime appointment this year rather than come to the evening clinic as we will be better able to help during this time.
- If you are isolating because of COVID symptoms or quarantining because of exposure you will need to reschedule your appointment.
- For all visits, please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment time or you will need to reschedule. This is to ensure we can manage the number of patients coming through the office appropriately for social distancing.
If none of the above times will work for you, you can always get vaccinated at a town clinic (check your town’s website for these) or at a pharmacy or urgent care (these vary by age so please contact your local pharmacy first).
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this crazy year and we apologize for any inconvenience. We will communicate more once we are able to schedule additional clinics. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!