Briarpatch Pediatrics is taking every precaution to keep our staff and patients, and their families well, and has implemented new safety protocols in light of the current COVID-19 health crisis.
YARMOUTH = SICK/VIRTUAL ONLY | SANDWICH = WELL/VIRTUAL ONLY
- When arriving at the office for an appointment or for any reason, all patients and family members must call before entering the building to check-in with the front desk. Patients are not waiting in the waiting room, so they will be called in by the phone number confirmed at check-in once a room is ready for them.
- Sick patients are being seen exclusively in Yarmouth by rotating Yarmouth only providers, or by virtual visit.
- All patients will be screened the day before and day of their appointment by phone for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Patients with cough, fever, sore throat, body aches, or difficulty breathing are not being seen in office, nor can well patients be seen in office if a household member has any of these symptoms. If approved by medical staff, these patients will be seen by virtual visit instead.
- This applies to patients who have been in close contact with a person positive for COVID-19, or who have household members who have been in close contact, as well
- Well patients are being seen exclusively in Sandwich by rotating Sandwich only providers, or by virtual visit if appropriate.
- Masks are not available to give out to patients, but patients and parents are able to wear face coverings such as masks, scarves, bandannas, etc. when entering the office.
- The Sandwich office is being sanitized every hour on the hour, and the task initialed by the staff member who completes the thorough cleaning.
- All staff is required to have temperatures taken every morning and afternoon, and will be wearing masks and appropriate PPE.
- We are limiting the amount of people coming into the office for visits to one guest per patient. For parents coming in with children, it is best for only one parent to accompany child. Siblings, friends, other additional family members, etc., should not be coming into the building with patient unless absolutely necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance as we strive to keep our office and community healthy and safe!