Briarpatch Pediatrics is proud to be your Patient Centered Medical Home. The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model is an approach to delivering high-quality, cost-effective primary care. Using a patient-centered, culturally appropriate, and team-based approach, the PCMH model coordinates patient care across the health system.
The medical home model encompasses five functions and attributes:
1. Comprehensive Care The primary care medical home is accountable for a patient’s physical and mental health care needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care, and chronic care.
2. Patient-Centered The primary care medical home provides health care that is relationship-based with an orientation toward the whole person. Recognizing that patients and families are core members of the care team, medical home practices ensure that they are fully informed partners in establishing care plans.
3. Coordinated Care The primary care medical home coordinates care across all elements of the broader health care system, including specialty care, hospitals, home health care, and community services.
4. Accessible Services The primary care medical home provides enhanced in-person hours, virtual visits, 24/7 telephone or electronic access to a member of the care team, and alternative methods of communication like patient portal messaging.
5. Quality and Safety Commitment Our Providers and staff are committed to quality, and quality improvement, by participating in ongoing study of healthcare measures. Briarpatch providers use evidence-based medicine, and clinical decision-support tools to guide shared decision making with patients and families. Our staff engages in performance measurement and improvement processes, measuring and responding to patient experiences and patient satisfaction, and utilizing population health management.