#1 Ranked Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
MyPatients provides referring primary care providers with secure access to their patients’ information.
Boston Children's has launched the world's 1st program dedicated to offering hand transplants to children who qualify.
Innovation insider is a semi-monthly e-newsletter analyzes innovations at Boston Children’s, other academic medical centers and from industry.
Read the latest blog by a Boston Children's doctor, clinician or staff member.
There are many ways you can help children and their families get the care they need.
Watch more videos from Boston Children's
At Boston Children's Hospital, we know that the first step in treating your child is forming an accurate and complete diagnosis.
We'll use medical and family histories, physical exams and diagnostic tests to determine the nature, extent and effects of your child’s scoliosis and any associated conditions. Your Boston Children’s multi-disciplinary care team will evaluate the structure and function of his lungs, chest, kidneys, bladder, feet and hands, hearing and neurologic function.
Diagnostic testing can include:
• X-ray: produces images of bones, internal tissues and organs onto film
• MRI (magnetic resonance imaging): produces details images of organs and structures within the body; especially
useful for assessing the spinal cord
• CAT scan (CT scan, computerized tomography scan): produces detailed images of any part of the body, including
the bones, muscles, fat and organs. Images are more detailed than those of x-rays.
• Ultrasound: produces images of blood vessels, tissues and organs. Doctors can view internal organs as they
function, and assess blood flow through vessels.
• Pulmonary function tests:measures how well the lungs take in and release air, as well as how well they circulate
oxygen into the body
• Chromosomal analysis
We are grateful to have been ranked #1 on U.S. News & World Report's list of the best children's hospitals in the nation for the third year in a row, an honor we could not have achieved without the patients and families who inspire us to do our very best for them. Thanks to you, Boston Children's is a place where we can write the greatest children's stories ever told.”