Each year, nurses and providers at Westwood-Mansfield Pediatrics are responsible for completing and signing thousands of letters, school forms, and doctor’s orders for patients in addition to the ones completed routinely at your child’s annual check-up.
Each form requires that the provider who most recently saw your child reviews the chart and attests to their health and the medical appropriateness of activities. As these are medical-legal documents, it is appropriate that only the provider who completed the last check-up be the one to sign the form.
Effective January 1, 2023, the following policy will go into effect:
- We will provide an annual School Physical Form, as well as any Asthma or Allergy Plans at the time of your child’s check-up (this form is posted to MyChart and is valid for 1 year from the date of the visit)
- For any additional forms during the year, we require up to 14 days to fill out and have the appropriate provider sign
- Any form needing to be completed more immediately will be subject to a “rush fee” of $25 for 5 days or $50 for completion within 24 hours (to be collected at the time of dropping off the form)
- Any form involving legal matters or complicated medical or behavioral health issues can only be completed by a provider who is knowledgeable of the patient and may, in certain situations, require more time to complete (and may not be amenable to a rushed completion)
- this includes guardianship papers (among others)
- We will be unable to complete forms if:
- it has been longer than 13 months since the last check-up
- all sections of the form to be completed by the parent/patient are not filled out prior to us receiving the form