Westwood Mansfield Pediatrics has been a bedrock of the community since we began seeing patients in 1957. While we have grown since our early days, our guiding mission promising innovation, compassion, and excellence has remained.
We strive to be an innovative practice and continually seek new ways to provide pediatric care and education. Some of our initiatives include:
- SKIP (Special Kids In our Practice) Program: we provide extra support and attention to children with special needs including extra time for appointments and access to our dedicated medical care coordinator.
- Home Rapid Strep Tests: we offer at home rapid strep testing to help manage well-appearing children with sore throats - this helps save families co-payments as well as days lost at work and school.
- Concussion Baseline Testing and Management: we are well versed in concussion diagnosis and management and are pleased able to offer baseline ImPACT testing to children 11 years old and older.
- “Needle Phobia” Therapy: cognitive behavioral therapy (group or individual) to help children cope with their anxiety around immunizations and bloodwork.
- Prenatal Yoga Classes: these classes, offered on weekends, are a great way to meet prospective parents and provide some mind-body benefits as well.
- Mindfulness Sessions: we intermittently offer groups for pre-teens and teenage patients on meditation and mindfulness.
- Vegetable Garden: our Mansfield office has an active vegetable garden to help educate kids on where food really comes from - they are even welcome to pick vegetables to take home!
- Community Involvement: we have run educational forums (Anxiety, Concussions, The Adolescent Brain, and more) and participated in community outreach.
- Public Health Advocacy: Dr. Hartman and our practice have been very active in supporting the Tobacco 21 campaign and other anti-smoking and anti-vaping measures
- Educational Videos: we offer a large library of online educational videos addressing the management of routine pediatric conditions.
We strive to be a compassionate practice that focuses on the unique needs and challenges of patients and their families. In order to provide this family-centered care, we are proud to offer:
- Behavioral Health Consultants: therapists, located at and embedded directly within our practice, are available to help address the emotional needs of our patients.
- Health Care Coordinators: care coordinators help with the management of complex and chronic health conditions (including asthma and ADHD), completion of medical forms and referrals to community resources.
- Dedicated Pediatric Nurse Triage: 24 hour nurse triage service is available for routine pediatric care advice.
- Certified Lactation Consultants: in office and telephone support is available for lactation assessment, management and instruction.
- Therapy Dog: Stewie, our CJO, Chief “JOY” Officer, is trained to help calm children who are afraid of being in the office, receiving vaccines, or having procedures done.
We strive to be an excellent practice and are constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of healthcare we deliver. As members of the Boston Children’s Pediatric Alliance, we have beneficial access and collaborations with the top-rated specialists at Boston Children’s Hospital. In addition, we have been recognized over the years for our achievements in Quality Improvement, Well Baby Care, Physician Communication and Healthcare Promotion.
We look forward to meeting you and your child and are happy to answer any questions. We feel truly privileged to be a part of the lives of so many wonderful families.