We welcome electronic requests for prescription refills. You can request refills via our MyChart Portal. The Portal uses secure messaging technology, so you can rest assured that your privacy will be maintained. Furthermore, your request becomes part of our electronic medical record, so that we can refer to it at a later date to review your prescription history.
A nurse from Needham Pediatrics will review your refill request during weekday business hours: 8:30 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Prescription requests generated on weekends or holidays may not be reviewed until the next usual business day.) Our office will notify you by return message or telephone when your request has been processed and when to expect the prescription to be complete. In general, you can expect the prescription to be ready within 24-48 hours after your request has been received. If you need more urgent assistance, please call us by telephone.
Please note that you may only refill prescriptions electronically for medications that have been previously prescribed by a Needham Pediatrics physician for chronic or recurring conditions. If you are unsure whether we will be able to fill your prescription, please call our office.
In the MyChart Portal, it is best if you use the Refill Request module, so that all the prescription information is imported automatically. If you are unable to use that module, you may send us a regular portal message. If so doing, please make sure you provide the following information:
- Your name.
- Your child's name and date of birth (please be sure you are on the appropriate sibling's account!).
- The phone number(s) where you can be reached (in case clarification is required).
- Medication requested, including form (liquid, chewable tablets, etc.), dose (e.g., 250 mg), instructions for administration (e.g., "1 tablet each evening").
- The pharmacy where you want the prescription sent. (Name and location only; phone number not needed.)
- For paper prescriptions (for controlled substances or mail order), please indicate whether we should mail you the prescription or if you wish to pick it up in our office.
- Any other special information we need to know about the prescription.