Your Visit | Overview
To schedule an appointment
A completed intake packet is required to schedule your appointment with our clinician(s). These forms are available for download here. Please email, mail, or fax your completed intake to the attention of the ACP coordinator (see contact information below).
Please complete and return the following materials to schedule a visit:
- intake packet (see download link above)
- copy of current IFSP/IEP/ISP
- copies of recent evaluations performed outside Boston Children’s Hospital (e.g., speech/language, AAC, developmental, neurological, neuropsychological, vision, etc.)
Once your completed intake is received and reviewed, we will contact you to schedule your appointment. Please contact your insurance carrier prior to this appointment for specific benefit information.
Location and parking
Our clinic is located on the second floor, West Wing, of Boston Children’s at Waltham, 9 Hope Avenue, Waltham, Massachusetts.
Free parking is available in the hospital’s covered garage. Accessible parking spots are available in the following locations:
- at the main entrance (limited number)
- in the parking garage
- behind the hospital (west entrance and ambulance/clinic entrance)
What to bring
- primary seating system (e.g., adaptive stroller, wheelchair (with tray))
- glasses and assistive listening device(s) (e.g., hearing aids)
- current communication materials (e.g., communication book, photographs, visual schedules, communication devices, etc.)
- materials used to support access to AAC (e.g., mount(s), keyguard(s), stylus)
- activity-based positioning supports (e.g., AFOs, neck collar, splints)
- motivating materials (e.g., toys, food, videos, etc.)
Considerations for your visit
- Please bring all required respiratory equipment and support for administration and management (e.g., suction, BiPap, vent, vent equipment). Per hospital regulations, ACP staff cannot provide equipment or assistance for use.
- Please be prepared to provide proper support for transfers (hospital staff cannot assist). We cannot evaluate patients on stretchers. If you arrive on a stretcher, please bring a wheelchair or other seating system.
- The patient must be present for the visit, even if programming/customizing the system is the primary purpose of the appointment.
- We encourage anyone supporting the patient’s communication and/or education program(s) to attend this visit if possible (as appropriate, per hospital regulations).
If you are running late for your appointment or have questions on the day of your visit, please call 781-216-2201.