#1 Ranked Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
MyPatients provides referring primary care providers with secure access to their patients’ information.
Boston Children's has launched the world's 1st program dedicated to offering hand transplants to children who qualify.
Innovation insider is a semi-monthly e-newsletter analyzes innovations at Boston Children’s, other academic medical centers and from industry.
Read the latest blog by a Boston Children's doctor, clinician or staff member.
There are many ways you can help children and their families get the care they need.
The Boston Children's Hospital Hand and Orthopedic Upper Extremity Program is dedicated to the comprehensive care of all upper limb conditions in infants, children and adolescents. Under the direction of Peter M. Waters, MD, and Donald S. Bae, MD, patients with congenital, neuromuscular, sports-related, oncologic and traumatic or post-traumatic conditions of the upper extremity receive multi-disciplinary care that includes occupational and physical therapy, splinting/casting and reconstructive surgery.
In addition, our Hand and Orthopedic Upper Extremity Program does clinical and basic science research that will have an impact on how we care for our patients in the future. We are currently studying a wide variety of upper limb conditions, including:
• The use of microsurgical techniques in reconstructive surgery for congenital upper extremity differences
• Reconstruction of the congenitally deficient hand
• Instability of the sternoclavicular and glenohumeral joints of the shoulder
• Post-traumatic stiffness and deformity of the elbow
• Surgical correction of forearm deformity following previous fracture
• Ligament and/or cartilage injuries of the wrist
• Microsurgical techniques in reconstructive surgery following limb salvage for bone and soft-tissue tumors
Many of these investigations have resulted in national and international presentations or peer-reviewed medical publications—and all have increased our ability to provide the highest standard of patient care.
We are grateful to have been ranked #1 on U.S. News & World Report's list of the best children's hospitals in the nation for the third year in a row, an honor we could not have achieved without the patients and families who inspire us to do our very best for them. Thanks to you, Boston Children's is a place where we can write the greatest children's stories ever told.”