Patient Resources | Overview
In the Cerebrovascular Surgery and Interventions Center, we see patients of all ages — from newborns to teens to adults — and are also available for prenatal consults, second opinions, and virtual visits.
Preparing for your consultation
For the most accurate evaluation possible, please have a complete summary of your or your child’s initial diagnosis available. In addition, please gather as much of the following information as you can:
- patient’s full name, address, and date of birth
- your insurance provider (for example, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts), the name of the specific plan (for example, HMO Blue), and your subscriber identification number
- name, address, and phone number of the physician making the referral, if different from the primary care provider
- list of the patient’s symptoms
- previous lab work reports or results
- any x-ray, MRI, CT scan films, or angiograms
Sending and uploading images
Images may be uploaded to our secure server. For a temporary login and uploading instructions, please email CVDSurgery@childrens.harvard.edu or call 617-919-1379.
We may request additional images.
We’re able to offer virtual visits for some patients far from Boston. For more information, please contact CVDSurgery@childrens.harvard.edu or 617-919-1379.
Information and support
These links are provided as resources only. Boston Children’s Hospital and the Cerebrovascular Surgery and Interventions Center don’t necessarily endorse all of the information on these sites:
- Alliance to Cure Cavernous Malformation
- CLOVES Syndrome: Cloves Syndrome Community
- Children’s Hemiplegia and Stroke Association
- Cure HHT
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- International Pediatric Stroke Organization
- Moyamoya Foundation
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Vein of Galen Malformation: VOGM Support Network
- Aneurysm/Arteriovenous Malformations