Social Work Training Program | Overview
Who we are
At Boston Children’s Hospital, we’re committed to educating the next generation of clinical social workers in the field of child health. Our equal opportunity Social Work Training Program consists of two different programs, each providing our trainees with the skills and knowledge they need to enhance the health and well-being of patients and families at Children's.
The Master of Social Work (MSW) Internship Program trains second year MSW students. Internships are offered in various settings across the hospital, including:
- medical specialties
- primary care
- child protection/family violence
Social Work Fellowship Program
Our Social Work Fellowship Program offers advanced training for clinical social workers. Applicants must have an MSW from an accredited school of social work and must obtain a Massachusetts social work license before beginning the fellowship.
- Post-graduate fellowships are offered in various areas of the hospital.
- Positions are part-time or full-time depending on the particular fellowship.
- All fellowships carry a stipend and allow vacation time.
- Most fellowships offer benefits at additional cost.