An Autologous Donation allows a patient to donate blood than be transfused with his/her own blood.
- Available to patients scheduled for elective surgical procedures that will receive blood.
- Children should be at least ten years of age, weigh at least 80 lbs and be in general good health.
- Written doctor's orders are required.
- Autologous donors may begin donating up to 42 days before surgery and give as often as once a week.
- Autologous donations are by appointment only. Parents must call the Blood Donor Center at 617-355-6677 to schedule an appointment in advance