Researcher | Research Overview
Dr. Nurko's research focuses on Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders in children. His main interest is in the areas of mechanisms of defecation and fecal continence, constipation, non-acid reflux , functional bowel disorders, pseudo-obstruction, postoperative problems after GI surgery and Hirschsprung's disease. He is actively involved in a number of clinical trials and outcomes research studies .
The main goals of Dr. Nurko's research, is to:
- Determine the mechanisms for fecal continence in children
- Determine the role that non-acid reflux plays in children with gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Find better treatments for children with motility disorders
- Genetic mutations in children with gastroparesis and pseudobstruction
- mRNA patterns in gastric mucosa of children with gastroparesis, pseudobstruction and constipation
- Validation of new methods to establish gastric emptying
- New methods for the study of intestinal motility
- Use of high resolution manometry in children with motility disorders
Researcher | Research Background
Dr. Nurko was awarded his MD from the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. Residency and fellowship was completed at Children's Hospital, Boston.
Researcher | Media
Meet Dr. Samuel Nurko
Conocer al Doctor Nurko