Researcher | Research Overview
Dr. Moulin’s research focuses on the development of reliable MR sequences to measure innovative quantitative biomarkers and on the translation of these sequences into robust clinical diagnostic tools. He has a special interest in cardiac diffusion imaging, motion encoding approaches, free-breathing, and cardiac motion-compensation techniques. In his latest work, he developed an approach to combine diffusion imaging and tissue displacement imaging to estimate the local strains of the cardiac cells which can help characterize the onset and progression of cardiac pathologies.
Researcher | Research Background
Dr. Moulin is an MR physicist who specialized in designing and developing translational MR sequences. He obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Lyon in France under the supervision of Dr. Magalie Viallon and Pr. Pierre Croisille. He completed 5 years of post-doctoral training at UCLA and Stanford University under the supervision of Pr. Daniel Ennis. He joined Boston Children’s Hospital faculty as an Instructor in October 2022. His research activities cover the development and translational application of advanced MRI acquisitions and reconstruction techniques for chest, abdominal and cardiovascular applications. He has worked in the emergent field of cardiac diffusion imaging in which he developed robust free-breathing and cardiac motion-compensation techniques. For this work, he was awarded an American Heart Association (AHA) postdoctoral fellowship in 2020.
- Moulin K, Stoeck CT, Axel L, Broncano J, Croisille P, Dall'Armellina E, Ennis DE, Ferreira PF, Gotschy A, Miro S, Schneider JE, Scott AD, Sosnovik DE, Teh I, Tous C, Tunnicliffe EM, Viallon M, Nguyen C. In Vivo Cardiac Diffusion imaging without motion-compensation leads to unreasonably high diffusivity. JMRI 2023. doi: 10.1002/jmri.28703
- Moulin K, Croisille P, Viallon M, Verzhbinsky I, Perotti L, Ennis DB. Myofiber strain in healthy human volunteers using DENSE and cDTI. Magn Reson Med 2021 Feb. doi: 10.1002/mrm.28724
- Moulin K, Verzhbinsky I, Maforo N, Perotti L, Ennis DB. Cardiomyocyte Mobility Measured with High Resolution Cardiac Diffusion Weighted MRI. PlosOne 2020 Nov. doi : 10.1371/journal.pone.0241996
- Moulin K, Viallon M, Romero W, Chazot A, Mewton M, Isaaz K, Croisille P. Cardiac diffusion MR imaging in reperfused acute myocardial infarction: ADC comparison with T1 and T2. Radiology 2020 Jun. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2020192186
- Moulin K, Aliotta E, Ennis DB. Effect of flow‐encoding strength on intravoxel incoherent motion in the liver. Magn Reson Med 2018 Sep. doi: 10.1002/mrm.27490
- Moulin K, Croisille P, Feiweier T, Delattre BM, Wei H, Robert B, Beuf O, Viallon M. In vivo free-breathing DTI and IVIM of the whole human heart using a real-time slice-followed SE-EPI navigator-based sequence: A reproducibility study in healthy volunteers. Magn Reson Med 2015 Aug. doi:10.1002/mrm.25852