Researcher | Research Overview
Dr. Fischer's research interests include medical education, specifically procedural education of trainees and resilience and wellness of trainees. His recent efforts have been focused on determining the ideal Just-In-Time pre-procedural resources to prepare trainees to perform procedures.
Researcher | Research Background
Jason Fischer received his MD from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. He also received his MSEd from the Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania. He completed residency and chief residency in Pediatrics at CS Mott Children’s Hospital at the University of Michigan, and a fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Dr. Fischer joined the faculty of the Division of Emergency Medicine at Children’s Hospital in 2020.
- Fischer J, Alpert A, Rao P. Promoting intern resilience: individual chief wellness check-ins. MedEdPORTAL. 2019;15;10848. https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10848
- Meerkov, MS, Fischer JB, Saba TG. A simulation procedure curriculum to increase pediatric resident exposure to procedures rarely performed in clinical practice. Medical Education Online. 2019.
- Fischer JB, Sturza J, Kim Z, James Lopez M, Rogers AJ. Clinical Features and Biomarkers Suggestive of Bloodstream Infection in Pediatric Patients With Intestinal Failure and Central Venous Lines for Parenteral Nutrition: A Retrospective Pilot Study. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2019 Jan. DOI: 10.1097/pec.0000000000001731.
- Malas N, Spital L, Fischer JB, Kawai Y, Cruz D, Keefer P. National Survey on Pediatric Acute Agitation and Behavioral Escalation in Academic Inpatient Pediatric Care Settings. Psychosomatics. 2017, 58(3); 299-306.
- Fischer JB, Prasad PA, Coffin SE, Alpern ER, Mistry RD. Canadian Acute Respiratory Illness and Flu Scale (CARIFS) for Clinical Detection of Influenza in Children. Clinical Pediatrics, 2014; 53(12):1174-80.
- Mistry, RD, Fischer, JB, Prasad, PA, Coffin, SE, Alpern, ER. Severe Complications in Influenza-like Illnesses. Pediatrics, 2014; 134(3), 1-7.