Researcher | Research Overview
Bryan received his PhD in Human Genetics at the University of Michigan in 2004. He joined the lab in May 2004 and is currently studying the role of co-receptors LRP5 and LRP6 in Wnt signaling.
- Chen S, Bubeck D, MacDonald BT, Liang WX, Mao JH, Malinauskas T, Llorca O, Aricescu AR, Siebold C, He X, Jones EY. Structural and functional studies of LRP6 ectodomain reveal a platform for Wnt signaling. Dev Cell. 2011, 21:848-61
- MacDonald BT, Semenov MV, Huang H, He X. Dissecting Molecular Differences between Wnt Coreceptors LRP5 and LRP6. PLoS ONE. 2011. 6(8):e23537.
- Cui Y, Niziolek PJ, MacDonald BT, Zylstra CR, Alenina N, Robinson DR, Zhong Z, Matthes S, Jacobsen CM, Conlon RA, Brommage R, Liu Q, Mseeh F, Powell DR, Yang QM, Zambrowicz B, Gerrits H, Gossen JA, He X, Bader M, Williams BO, Warman ML, Robling AG. Lrp5 functions in bone to regulate bone mass. Nat Med. 2011, 17:684-91.
- MacDonald BT, Yokota C, Tamai K, Zeng X, He X. WNT signal amplification: activity, cooperativity and regulation of multiple intracellular PPPSP motifs in the WNT coreceptor LRP6. J Biol Chem. 2008, 283:16115-23.
- MacDonald BT, Joiner DM, Oyserman SM, Sharma P, Goldstein SA, He X, Hauschka PV. Bone mass is inversely proportional to Dkk1 levels in mice. Bone. 2007;41:331-9.
- MacDonald BT, Adamska M, Meisler MH. Hypomorphic expression of Dkk1 in the doubleridge mouse: dosage dependence and compensatory interactions with Lrp6. Development 2004;131:2543-52.