Past Studies | Overview
SynapDx Autism Spectrum Disorder Gene Expression Analysis Study
- PI: Bill Barbaresi, MD, and Liz Harstad, MD
- Participants: Children 18 months to 5 years of age with any diagnosis
The primary objectives of this study are:
- to develop an algorithm to classify blood RNA gene expression patterns to maximize agreement between classification and a clinical assessment of presence or absence of ASD
- to prospectively assess the clinical sensitivity and specificity of the blood RNA gene expression classification algorithm in a separate population of children referred to a developmental evaluation clinic for possible developmental disorder.
Parent-Child Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety in Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- PI: Katherine Driscoll, PhD, and Dina Hirsfeld-Becker, PhD
- Participants: 3- to 12-year-olds with a clinical diagnosis of ASD and their parents
Patient somatic cell donation for reprogramming experiments in neurological disease
- PI: Mira Irons, MD, and Lisa Prock, MD, MPH
- Participants: Children and adults of any age, preference given to children under 10, and participants with ASD, 15q11 dup, 16p11 del, Shank3, TSC2, UBE3A
This study uses stem cells created from patient skin or blood cells to characterize the patient's neurogenetic disease and try to develop new treatments.
Open Label Extension Arbaclofen in ASD (STX209) Study
- PI: Bill Barbaresi, MD
- Participants: Children or adults ages 3 to 18+ with a confirmed ASD diagnosis
Will provide data on the long-term safety and tolerability of STX209 among subjects with ASD who receive treatment under conditions reflective of their typical medical care rather than more restricted conditions in pivotal efficacy trials.
Neural markers of the transition from risk for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to stable ADHD diagnosis
- PI: Margaret Sheridan, PhD
- Participants: Children ages 3 to 7 with a clinical diagnosis of ADHD
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group study to evaluate AFQ056 in adult patients with Fragile X Syndrome
- PI: Lisa Prock, MD, MPH; Jonathan Picker, MBChB, PhD; Liz Harstad, MD; Kaizad Munshi, MD, MPH
- Participants: Adolescents ages 12 to 18 with a clinical diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome, and adults with a clinical diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome