Amy Tsou | Overview
College: Stanford University
Medical School: Yale University School of Medicine
Residency: Boston Combined Residency
Hobart Keese prize for presenting an outstanding thesis, May 2012. Cum Laude, May 2012. Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Medical Research Training Fellowship for Medical Students, 2010-2011. Farr Scholar (in recognition of excellence in research as
a Yale medical student and for leadership and creativity in pursuit of medical knowledge at Yale), May 2011. Kirschstein National
Research Service Award Funding from National Institutes of Health/Yale, Summer 2008.
1. Duncan DR, Breuer CK. Challenges in translating vascular tissue engineering to the pediatric clinic. Vascular Cell.
2011 Oct; 3(1): 1-7. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21999145. Pub Status: Published.
2. Duncan DR, Kang PB, Rabbat JC, Briggs CE, Lidov HG, Darras BT, Kunkel LM. A novel mutation in two families with
limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2C. Neurology. 2006 Jul; 67(1): 167-9. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 16832103. Pub
3. Harrington JK, Chahboune H, Criscione JM, Li AY, Hibino N, Yi T, Villalona GA, Kobsa S, Meijas D, Duncan DR,
Devine L, Papademetri X, Shin'oka T, Fahmy TM, Breuer CK. Determining the fate of seeded cells in venous tissueengineered
vascular grafts using serial MRI. FASEB. 2011 Aug; 25(12): 4150-61. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21846838.
Pub Status: Published.
4. Hibino N*, Villalona G*, Pietris N, Duncan DR, Schoffner A, Roh JD, Yi T, Dobrucki LW, Mejias D, Sawh-Martinez R,
Harrington JK, Sinusas A, Krause DS, Kyriakides T, Saltzman WM, Pober JS, Shin'oka T, Breuer CK. Tissueengineered
vascular grafts form neovessels that arise from regeneration of the adjacent blood vessel. FASEB. 2011
Aug; 25(8): 2731-9. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21566209. Pub Status: Published.
5. Hibino N, Duncan DR, Nalbandian A, Yi T, Qyang Y, Shinoka T, Breuer CK. Evaluation of the use of an iPS cell sheet
for creating tissue engineered vascular grafts. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012 Mar; 143(3): 696-703. Cited in
PubMed; PMID: 22244569. Pub Status: Published.
6. Hibino N, Yi T, Duncan DR, Rathore A, Dean E, Naito Y, Dardik A, Kyriakides T, Madri J, Pober JS, Shinoka T,
Breuer CK. A critical role for macrophages in neovessel formation and the development of stenosis in tissueengineered
vascular grafts. FASEB. 2011 Aug; 25(12): 4253-63. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21865316. Pub Status:
7. Naito Y*, Williams-Fritze M*, Duncan DR, Church SN, Hibino N, Madri JA, Humphrey JD, Shinoka T, Breuer CK.
Characterization of the natural history of extracellular matrix production in tissue engineered vascular grafts during
neovessel formation. Cells Tissues Organs. 2011 Oct; 195(1-2): 60-72. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21996715. Pub
8. Naito Y, Shinoka T, Duncan D, Hibino N, Solomon D, Cleary M, Rathore A, Fein C, Church S, Breuer C. Vascular
tissue engineering: towards the next generation vascular grafts. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2011 Apr; 63(4-5): 312-23. Cited
in PubMed; PMID: 21421015. Pub Status: Published.
9. Villalona GA, Udelsman B, Duncan DR, McGillicuddy E, Sawh-Martinez RF, Hibino N, Painter C, Mirensky T, Erickson
B, Shinoka T, Breuer CK. Cell seeding techniques in vascular tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part B Rev. 2010 Jun;
16(3): 341-50. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 20085439. Pub Status: Published.