Histology Research | Overview
The Histology Laboratory is a state of the art histopathology laboratory that provides a variety of high-quality tissue preparations that are ready for interpretation. The laboratory is currently staffed by certified histotechnologists who are experienced in all aspects of anatomic pathology laboratory operations. These preparations provide the pathologist with the ability to provide the most accurate and up to date tissue diagnoses available. The products of the laboratory support a variety of research applications to research laboratory all over the Longwood Medical Area.
- Tissue processing and paraffin embedding from formalin fixed, frozen and alcohol fixed intact tissue specimens and cytology specimens.
- Paraffin and frozen tissue microtomy
- Routine H&E and histochemical stains performed on standard sized paraffin blocks and whole tissue sections. Immunohistochemistry on paraffin embedded, formalin fixed tissues
- please email Latisha Rider for available stains
- Select enzyme histochemical, immunofluorescence, and in situ hybridization stains.
Research: The laboratory has experience with a wide variety of animal tissues.
Research pricing: available upon request