The Hale Family Center for Families is dedicated to supporting families through their experience at Boston Children's Hospital. All patients and families are welcome to benefit from the services provided by the Hale Family Center for Families (listed below).
You can also find them in our brochure by clicking here.
From before patient families arrive to after they go home, the Hale Family Center for Families is available to answer questions, provide resources and help guide families during their time at the hospital.
Una guía completa para la experiencia de los pacientes en el Hospital de Niños de Boston.
Located next to the main lobby between Au Bon Pain and the interactive wall.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and major holidays 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Generous donors are helping to support our families here at Boston Children’s. You can be a part of this effort by making a gift online by clicking here. Your contribution of any amount will help. If you would like more information about giving opportunities, please contact Vincent Vittoria at 857-218-3195.
The Center space has computers, printers and a fax and scanner for families to use as well as cell phone charging stations. The Center also has an area with a television and magazines as well as an expanded activity area staffed by a certified Child Life Specialist and hospital volunteers to play games, color and do arts and crafts.
It is our goal to support patient families in any way that we can. Holding story hours and wellness classes, scheduling birthday parties in our conference rooms (which are available for family meetings) and providing private telephone rooms for families to reach out to loved ones as well as quiet rooms for families to log-on to their laptops and work are just a few of the many resources we offer.
The fun doesn’t end in the Center! Families can check-out DVDs, book and games and take them to their rooms. We also provide car, public transportation and walking directions to local attractions, playgrounds, parks and museums.
- Accommodations - This program encompasses the Patient Family Housing Program and the ICU Sleep Spaces.
- Call Center - Facilitates communication between community-based physicians and Boston Children's physicians to ensure that patients receive high-quality, coordinated care, information and access to services. Staffed from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday at 1-800-355-7944.
- Clothing Closet - Houses donated supplies for patients and families with a clinical referral.
- Family Partnerships - This program encompasses the Family Advisory Council, the Family to Family Program, the Teen Advisory Committee.
- Lactation Support Program - Provides expectant and nursing mothers breastfeeding assessment, evaluation, education and support. Services are available for both families and staff. Breast pump rentals are also available.
- Multicultural Services - Provides information and resources to non-native English speaking patient families in an organized, efficient and culturally appropriate manner.
- Parking Program - Provides parking assistance for income eligible inpatient families. For other parking assistance options, please visit the Parking website.
- Pawprints Program - Offers patients and families a visit from a dog, providing a healthy diversion from the usual hospital routine and an opportunity for social interaction.
- Wellness - Provides a variety of programs and groups designed to keep family members well during their time at the hospital such as reiki, yoga, massage, zumba, meditation and many more services to come.
- Adopt a Family - A targeted donation initiative to seek sponsors for patient families in need during the holiday season.
- Craft Fair - An all-day event for patient families and staff featuring a marketplace of gifts from more than 40 vendors, including handbags, quilts, stained glass, jewelry, holiday decorations, greeting cards and much more.
- Keeping Connections - An annual bereavement conference for families.
- Memorial Service - An annual memorial service to remember patients.