Registered dietitians and diet technicians provide high-quality nutritional care to all patients and arrange for any special meals that physicians have ordered for patients. We also make many different types of formulas for our youngest patients.
We can accommodate any specific dietary needs, including allergies, kosher, and gluten-free foods, as well as any personal preferences. There is no restriction on the kind of food patients may order, whether it’s breakfast food for dinner or a chicken sandwich for breakfast.
Our regular meal times are listed below, however our friendly staff will take your order at any time and deliver it within 45 minutes.
- Breakfast: 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4 to 6 p.m.
Simply call room service at 5-FOOD (5-3663) to place your order.
Fresh Food Court
The Fresh Food Court at Boston Children’s features many options including Starbucks, Subway, Pizzeria Regina, and Salad Creations, as well as the Chef’s Playground and Guilt Free Grill. The Food Court also offers grab-and-go options from sushi to sandwiches.
- Monday to Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Closed daily: 10:30 to 11 a.m.
- Monday to Friday: 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
See our guide to attractions around Boston.
Banking and money services
There are two Bank of America ATMs and one Citizens Bank ATM located on the first floor of the Fegan Building, right outside the elevators.
The hospital Cashier’s Office, located on the first floor of the Farley building, is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays and can make change.
Some nearby bank branches are closed because of COVID-19 precautions. Your bank's website will have more information on its nearest open branches.
The Boston Children’s Hospital gift shop is located in the Fegan Building, next to CVS and near the Skybridge entrance to the parking garage.
You can call us at 617-355-1987. We’re open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Holiday hours may vary.
Among the items available at the gift shop are:
- comfort items
- arts and crafts
- Boston Children’s Hospital merchandise
- toiletries: toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine products, shampoo, laundry detergent, over-the-counter medicine, and more
- snacks and drinks
- cell phone chargers and headphones
We will deliver gifts to a patient’s room. Place your order at https://shop.cloverkey.com/boston-childrens-hospital-gift-shop?selected-store=101.
Postal and package services
Postal and package services can be found at:
- U.S. Post Office: 1575 Tremont St., Roxbury — a 10- to 15-minute walk from the main building
- U.S. Post Office: 207 Washington St., Brookline — a 20-minute walk from the main building and a short walk from Boston Children's Brookline
- The UPS Store: 423 Brookline Ave., Boston — a five-minute walk from the main building
You can buy stamps at the cashier's office, located on the first floor of the Farley Building.