BCHP Specialty: Pediatric Rheumatology
Our Pediatric Rheumatology Department is devoted to providing specialty care for children, adolescents, and young adults who suffer from autoimmune and inflammatory conditions such as Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Rheumatic conditions often present in complex ways including joint pain, rashes, and fevers.
We work closely with pediatricians as well as other subspecialties to diagnosis, treat, and manage the children who present to our clinic. Our goal is to help children with rheumatic conditions grow and develop as normally as possible.
Our physicians care for patients in a network of outreach offices throughout the region including our main location in Hawthorne on the campus of the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital as well as Middletown, Poughkeepsie, and Suffern.
We also have an infusion suite on our main campus.
We treat a variety of rheumatic conditions, including the following:
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Juvenile Dermatomyositis
- Systemic and Linear Scleroderma
- Lyme Arthritis
- Acute Rheumatic Fever
- Chronic Recurrent Multifocal Osteomyelitis
- IgA Vasculitis (Henoch-Schonlein Purpura)
- Periodic Fever Syndromes
- Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis
- Takayasu arteritis
- Behcet’s Syndrome
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon
- Pediatric Musculoskeletal Pain
- Hypermobility Syndrome
- Autoimmune encephalitis
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Neonatal Lupus Erythematosus