BCHP Specialty: Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation
19 Bradhurst Avenue
The Children and Adolescent Cancer & Blood Diseases Center provides cutting-edge comprehensive hematology, oncology and stem cell transplantation care for children, adolescents and young adults.
Our main offices are at 19 Bradhurst Avenue, Hawthorne, NY, on the campus of the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center and New York Medical College. In addition, our physicians care for patients in a network of outreach offices throughout the region. All of our physicians are full-time faculty at New York Medical College and on the medical staff of the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital. We are dedicated to patient care, research and education.
We offer same-day consultations, and strive to make any necessary accommodations for all of our patients.
Conditions we treat
- acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- acute myeloblastic leukemia
- anemia and iron disorders
- brain tumors
- histiocytic disorders
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- myelodysplastic syndrome
- non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- sickle cell disease
- solid tumors
- Von Willebrand disease
A diverse team of experts
Our team of eight pediatric hematologists and oncologists work closely with our dedicated team of pediatric nurse practitioners, social workers and scientists to deliver state-of-the-art, compassionate care for our patients.
Continuity of care
We understand the importance of receiving care from the same provider at each appointment, and strive to offer this type of individualized care for our patients. This means your child will see the same doctor in our practice for every visit whenever possible. We also work closely to coordinate care and share information with any other providers your child may see, including his or her primary care provider, to ensure your child receives the most appropriate care at all times.
Our innovation and research
We are actively involved in clinical research in cancer and blood diseases. Some areas of focus include:
- cancer genetics and biology
- tumor immunology
- adoptive cellular immunotherapy
- stem cell biology and regenerative therapy
- developmental therapeutics and immunology
- targeted humoral and cellular therapy
- alternative donor stem cell transplantation
- reduced intensity/toxicity conditioning
We provide a full range of pediatric hematology, oncology and stem cell transplantation programs and services, including:
- A new cellular and tissue engineering laboratory at Westchester Medical Center is the only one in the tri-state area. This state-of-the-art facility allows us to offer the most advanced gene and cellular therapies to our patients.
- Developmental and Experimental Therapeutics program designed to determine the safety, feasibility, dose, schedule and early efficacy of new therapeutic strategies during experimental clinical investigation in children, adolescents and young adults with both malignant and non-malignant (blood disease-related) disorders.
- Hematotherapy Program that offers full-service apheresis and infusion. The newly-renovated, kid-friendly outpatient center has individual patient bays for comfort and privacy, furnished with flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. We also provide inpatient services for adult patients at Westchester Medical Center and children receiving care at Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital.
- Solid Tumor Program that offers several state-of-the-art basic science, translational and clinical research programs in neuroblastoma, kidney, liver, bone, soft tissue and germ cell tumors. The program designs and delivers customized and personalized therapy for each child diagnosed with a solid tumor.
- Bone Marrow Failure Program focused on the diagnosis and personalized treatment of children and adolescents with a variety of bone marrow failure disorders and rare genetic and metabolic conditions.
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation (BMT) Program dedicated to the therapeutic use of bone marrow, peripheral blood, cord blood and cellular therapy to treat children and young adults with malignant, non-malignant and serious blood-related disorders.
- Wellness and Survivorship Program focused on recognizing and managing potential late effects that can occur after treatment for childhood cancers or following stem cell transplant. The program is focused on educating patients about their long-term health risks and providing comprehensive medical and psychosocial care.
World-class care, close to home
Our team of pediatric specialists are dedicated to providing an exceptional level of care for each and every patient and our eight convenient locations allow our patients to receive world-class treatment and follow-up care close to home.
Our clinicians are affiliated with Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center and New York Medical College.
Chief of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation
Chief of Division of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, New York Medical College; Director of the Children’s and Adolescent Cancer and Blood Diseases Center, Westchester Medical Center; Medical and Scientific Director of the Ste
Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation Staff
Attending, Boston Children's Health Physicians
Pediatric Neuropsychologist, BCHP Bradhurst Avenue Specialty Office
Director of Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Maria Fareri Children's Hospital
Attending, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation
Pediatric Psychologist, Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation
Associate Director, Solid Tumor Program