Welcome to Pediatric Care of the Hudson Valley, where children come first and we work with parents to provide exceptional care for kids in our community. We consider it both a great joy and responsibility to care for children, and we pride ourselves on providing compassionate, comprehensive services to children from birth through adolescence.
Your child’s health is as important to us as it is to you. We look forward to providing the excellent medical care your child deserves.
Our mission is to build life-long relationships with our patients by consistently providing you with compassion, excellence and value. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Improving the lives of the children we serve by providing quality care in a child-centered environment.
- Listening to our young patients and their families.
- Guiding our patients along a path of optimal health and wellness.
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing education.
A Patient-Centered Medical Home is not a building, place or hospital. Rather, it is an approach to providing comprehensive healthcare. As your PCMH, we want to be the first place you think of for all of your child’s medical needs. We believe that the partnership between the patient, the patient’s family, and his/her primary care provider and care team is important. The care team, led by your primary care provider, is committed to providing the best healthcare services possible. Your child’s care team will work with you and any outside providers or facilities to coordinate care across all settings, including behavioral health. The team will offer appropriate medical advice, information, and self-management support based on current recommendations and evidence-based guidelines.
Your Care Team
- Knows the health history of your child
- Listens to your questions, concerns and feelings, as well as those of your child
- Learns about you, your family, your life situation, your health goals and preferences
- Coordinates your child’s care with other healthcare providers
- Creates a trusting, collaborative relationship with you and your child
- Treats your child with compassion and an understanding of his/her strengths
- Develops a care plan with you and your child when needed
- Respects and honors your culture and traditions
- Keeps your child up to date with all vaccines and preventative screenings
- Takes care of short term illnesses, long term chronic diseases, and your child’s overall well being
- Provides behavioral health services when appropriate
- Will notify you about test results in a timely manner
- Gives you information on community resources and other services to support your child’s health
- Helps you make the best decisions for your child’s care
You and Your Child
- Are comfortable sharing concerns and questions with your pediatric team and other health care providers
- Provide a complete and accurate medical and family history to your pediatric team to ensure that the practice has all of the most important and relevant medical information to effectively care for your child
- Routinely communicate your child’s needs and family priorities to your pediatric team
- Remember to tell your pediatric team about any care received between visits (including emergency room visits, urgent care clinics) so we can help coordinate your child’s care
- Ask questions if you do not understand something
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule as soon as possible
- Bring your insurance card to each appointment
- Pay copays and past-due balances at the time of service
We see you, the parent, as an important member of your child’s health care team. As your child matures, we hope he or she will become an increasingly active team member. Preparing your child to take the lead in caring for his or her own health is, ultimately, our team’s most important task.
We are excited you’ve chosen Pediatric Care of the Hudson Valley for your child’s medical care. Your comfort and convenience are our priority, and we strive to make every visit to our office a positive experience. We’d like to welcome you to our practice and help you get acquainted with our office.
A pleasant, comfortable first visit builds trust and helps put your child at ease during future visits. We want your child to enjoy getting to know our doctors and staff, so we work hard to establish this bond during every appointment to our office. During your child’s first appointment, we will explain everything in detail and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting you and your child and providing the quality, comprehensive medical care you expect and deserve.
Pediatric Care of the Hudson Valley offers a full array of services to help your child maintain good health, including:
- well-child exams from birth to age 18
- care for acute and chronic conditions
- school, sports and camp physicals
- inpatient hospital care
- school and behavioral issues
- dietary/nutrition support
- lab testing
- learning, developmental and behavioral issues
- vision and hearing testing
- lead testing
Please call or email us for information specific to your insurance company and plan. We accept most major commercial insurance plans, Medicaid and Medicaid managed care plans.
We accept checks, cash or credit cards. We also offer a flexible payment plan. Please see our financial coordinator for details. We’re happy to file insurance for your reimbursement as long as you are free to choose your own pediatrician.