Welcome to Bardonia Pediatric Associates!
Thank you for choosing Bardonia Pediatric Associates/Boston Children’s Health Physicians as your child’s Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). We are here to support your child’s care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A Patient-Centered Medical Home is not a building, place or hospital. Rather, it is an approach to providing comprehensive healthcare. As your PCMH, we want to be the first place you think of for all of your child’s medical needs. We believe that the partnership between the patient, the patient’s family, and his/her primary care provider and care team is important. The care team, led by your primary care provider, is committed to providing the best healthcare services possible. Your child’s care team will work with you and any outside providers or facilities to coordinate care across all settings, including behavioral health. The team will offer appropriate medical advice, information, and self-management support based on current recommendations and evidence-based guidelines.
Your care team
- Knows the health history of your child
- Listens to your questions, concerns and feelings, as well as those of your child
- Learns about you, your family, your life situation, your health goals and preferences
- Coordinates your child’s care with other healthcare providers
- Creates a trusting, collaborative relationship with you and your child
- Treats your child with compassion and an understanding of his/her strengths
- Develops a care plan with you and your child when needed
- Respects and honors your culture and traditions
- Keeps your child up to date with all vaccines and preventative screenings
- Takes care of short term illnesses, long term chronic diseases, and your child’s overall well being
- Provides behavioral health services when appropriate
- Will notify you about test results in a timely manner
- Gives you information on community resources and other services to support your child’s health
- Helps you make the best decisions for your child’s care
You and your child
- Are comfortable sharing concerns and questions with your pediatric team and other health care providers
- Provide a complete and accurate medical and family history to your pediatric team to ensure that the practice has all of the most important and relevant medical information to effectively care for your child
- Routinely communicate your child’s needs and family priorities to your pediatric team
- Remember to tell your pediatric team about any care received between visits (including emergency room visits, urgent care clinics) so we can help coordinate your child’s care
- Ask questions if you do not understand something
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule as soon as possible
- Bring your insurance card to each appointment
- Pay copays and past-due balances at the time of service
We see you, the parent, as an important member of your child’s health care team. As your child matures, we hope he or she will become an increasingly active team member. Preparing your child to take the lead in caring for his or her own health is, ultimately, our team’s most important task.
If you’ve just had a baby, we recommend that you schedule an appointment within one week of discharge from the hospital or sooner, if needed.
All routine well visits are by appointment only and are usually scheduled with your primary doctor. Please try to be on time. If you are unable to keep a routine scheduled appointment, please notify our office 24 hours in advance; otherwise, a $40 cancellation fee will apply.
Scheduling an appointment
Same-day appointments are available for urgent and routine needs. To schedule an appointment, call the office at 845-623-8031. Every effort will be made to schedule you with your child’s primary care physician. We encourage you to call as early as possible if a same-day appointment is desired.
If it is after hours and you have a medical issue that cannot wait, please call the office and ask to leave a message for the nurse or physician on call. The on-call nurse or physician will contact you within 30 minutes or less. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed directly to the emergency room.
COVID-19 Testing Site
Our office is pleased to offer our patients rapid COVID-19 testing with same day results.Learn more about testing sites
Telemedicine provides an alternative tool to evaluate patients, allowing our providers to consult and care for patients remotely.Virtual visit info
Forms and records
To have your medical records transferred, please contact the front desk at (845) 623-8031. They will assist with obtaining all the appropriate medical information from your previous healthcare provider with your direction and approval. You can also use our Patient Portal to ask your care team non-urgent questions. Messages are returned within 1 business day. Speak with your care team at any time if interested in signing up for the patient portal.