Well child visit preparation
Forms are included on this page. Filling out forms prior to your child’s appointment can help you get the most out of your visit.
Well child visit schedule
- 2 and 4 weeks of age (no shots generally needed)
- 2, 4, and 6 months of age (shots are given at these visits)
- 9, 12, 15, and 18 months of age (shots are needed at most of these visits)
- After 18 months of age every child needs to have a yearly physical for all of our patients
Before your visit
Write down any questions you may have about your child’s health or development.
Please request a physical exam form while checking out, our staff is glad to print one for you. Keep this form in a safe place so that you can provide copies as needed throughout the year. It is usually quicker for you to copy the form yourself than it is to ask us to replace it, since it could take up to three business days for us to provide this.
We often will ask you to complete questionnaires about your child as part of their physical exam. Some of these forms are included below, and others are on the right for you to download and complete prior to your visit.
Please see our immunization schedule for specific ages where immunizations are recommended.
If you are 11 or older, you can use this “quiz” from the CDC to see which vaccines you need to have.
Please also see this checklist of developmental milestones to see if your child is doing all the things that he or she should be.
- Immunization schedule
- Edinborough postnatal depression scale (2 weeks to 6 months)
- Lead risk questionnaire (9 months to 5 years)
- Autism checklist (MCHAT) (18-month visit)
- Cholesterol screening (2 years and above)
- Pediatric symptom checklist (6 years and above)