For critical care issues DIAL 9-1-1. Remember, hospitals require your ID and insurance card.
To reach us during office hours and also after hours, call our main number (508-295-8622) and speak with our front desk or our triage service. They will offer advice and help you decide how best to meet your child’s medical needs. Most conditions can be managed over the phone until our office opens in the morning. Unless advised by us, you should generally NOT take your child to the ER for the following reasons:
- ear pain
- flu symptoms
- minor sprains
- sore throat
A common misconception is that children get the same type of care in a hospital ER as they get in their pediatrician’s office. Unfortunately, this is not true. The ER is designed for critical care, including life-threatening diseases and trauma.
IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE SEVERITY OF YOUR child’s illness or injury, we have developed some guidelines to help you decide. Please see our Go To ER page. Do not hesitate to contact our nurse triage service by calling our main number.
- Wareham Police/Fire: 911
- Tobey Hospital: 508-295-0880
- Massachusetts Poison Center: 800-682-9211 or 800-222-1222
- Suicide Prevention: 800-273-TALK (8255) or Suicide Hotline: 800-Suicide 800-784-2433
- Teen Suicide Hotline: 800-252-TEEN (8336)
- NSTAR GAS/ELEC: 800-592-2000
- National Grid: 800-322-3223
- Mass Road Conditions: 617-374-1234