At Pediatric Associates of Hampden County your child’s health and well-being are our top priority. We continue to work diligently to stay up to date with the latest recommendations regarding COVID-19, from the CDC, the Massachusetts Department of Health, and our colleges at Boston Children’s Hospital.
To reduce unnecessary viral exposures of our patients, their families, and our staff, we have implemented the following policies:
- All walk-in times are now cancelled. We will only be taking appointments by phone and we will ask you questions about COVID-19 exposure prior to your appointment.
- All persons ages 5 and older must wear a mask at all times while in our buildings unless there is a medical condition that does not allow a person to wear one
- We have been and will continue to thoroughly clean our patient and waiting rooms. Books and magazines have been removed to reduce viral transmission. Stickers have been taken out of the hallway. The staff will now distribute stickers at the end of a visit.
- If you are concerned that your child may be exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, please call the office and you will be able to discuss your concerns with one of our staff to determine the best plan of action.
- We are able to provide Virtual Visits for medical and behavioral health when appropriate. A MyChart Patient Portal account is required. If your child does not have a MyChart account, please contact our office.
- It has become necessary to temporarily stop our Sunday hours. As always a provider is available on call.
Please keep in mind that this is a very mild disease for the vast majority of healthy people who contract the illness, and that children under the age of 10 are largely not affected by anything more than minor cold symptoms.
We want to thank all of our families for your patience and understanding and know that we will continue to keep you up to date on any changes or new developments that happen.
- The Providers and Staff of Pediatric Associates of Hampden County
Here are some tips to guide parents and caregivers in talking to your children about COVID 19:
- How To Talk To Your Children About Coronavirus
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- CDC Advice on Talking with Children about Coronavirus
- Working and Learning at Home During the Covid-19 Outbreak
Please see the following websites for additional up to date information on COVID-19: